NTRadPing is a free Windows tool you can use to test RADIUS authentications. You can make it act as the RADIUS client to test authentication to your RADIUS server, e.g., Rublon Authentication Proxy.
1. Download NTRadPing and extract it to a Windows machine that can send requests to the Rublon Authentication Proxy server.
2. Run NTRadPing.
3. Before sending the request, you need to set the following values.
4. Send the request.
5. Approve the Mobile Push authentication request or click the Email Link.
6. Inspect the reply you received in the RADIUS Server reply text field.
Challenge Mode Testing
You can use NTRadPing to test the Rublon Authentication Proxy’s Challenge Mode.
To test the Challenge Mode using NTRadPing:
1. Send a request to the Rublon Authentication Proxy exactly as described earlier in this article.
2. After the first request, the State parameter will be returned in the RADIUS Server reply field.
3. Copy the returned value of State.
4. Under Additional RADIUS Attributes, select State and then paste the copied state value.
5. Click Add.
6. The state value will be added to the list of additional RADIUS attributes.
7. Enter one of the following in the Password field:
push (to choose the Mobile Push authentication method)
email (to choose the Email Link authentication method)
123456 (the current value of the Mobile Passcode)
8. Send the request, accept the push, etc.
Rublon Authentication Proxy Modes Explained